June 16, 2022
We are pleased to distribute the Spring 2022 issue of Bar & Bench, our chapter’s quarterly newsletter. This year, we’ve decided to move to a PDF newsletter rather than the email format we’ve used the past couple of years. You can access the Spring 2022 issue here.
The Spring 2022 issue contains a number of exciting updates and news:
• A reminder regarding the cybersecurity risks all of us face.
• A review of our event with Opera Grand Rapids regarding Stinney: An American Execution, an opera that premiered in Grand Rapids regarding the tragic 1944 execution of a 14-year-old boy following a one-day trial and ten-minute jury deliberation.
• Judge Beckering’s remarks from her formal investiture ceremony held on June 3.
• A welcome to Mark Totten, the new U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan.
• A recap of the Women’s Suit Swap held by the Young Lawyers Section in March.
• Our regular roundups of recent district court and appellate decisions.
We hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions or feedback, or are interested in submitting an article, please contact our newsletter editor, Charlie Quigg (firstname.lastname@example.org).